Junior Technical Artist/Character Rigger
Salary: up to £27,000 (DOE) + bonus & benefits
This is an extremely rare opportunity for a Graduate Art/Animation Student and/or Junior Character Rigger/Technical Artist to join one of the most successful AAA Console Studios in the UK
The role holder will report into the Principal Technical Artist and will assist them and other senior members of the team with technical character setup and pipeline/workflow development including, but not limited to; control rigs, deformation systems, facial animation systems, runtime and offline physics/simulation, animation and motion capture pipelines as well as following tasks/instructions and taking responsibility for day to day work. They will also work closely with other teams to provide a technical support response within the above concerns.
Additionally, the role holder will have experience in Python and PyMel and be able to use this skill to improve the quality and efficiency of their work.
• Demonstrable understanding of character rigging for current gengame engines
• Experience with building character rigs in Maya
• A Good eye for anatomical detail
• An understanding of the dependencies between character modelling, animation and rigging.
• Ability to write simple Python/Pymel scripts to improve character rigging workflow.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to clearly explain problems, thought processes and technical solutions to the wider team.
• The ability to work under own initiative, keeping leads informed of progress, changes and other critical issues.
• Ability to effectively communicate and work with all disciplines throughout the studio
• Strong time management and organisation skills
• Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to be part of the team. The continued harmony of team work is paramount.
• Passion for games
• Experience in Unreal Engine 4
• Experience with procedural animation systems, for example cloth simulation.